Mt. Pulag, Benguet

March 13-14, 2015
Mt. Pulag, Benguet

My family and I decided to join FUNtastic Philippines funclimb to Mt. Pulag last month (unfortunately, my sis couldn’t come with us because she had her exams). It was our first hike ever and we didn’t know what were the things to bring or to do.. if we should buy hiking gears or it would be just a waste of money and whatnot. So yes, we just brought all the necessary stuff and didn’t bother to spend too much. March 12, was our meet up day at Cubao bus station around 9-10pm and we reached Baguio around 3am. It has been ages since the last time I’ve been to Baguio and I missed it. I was just so excited to be back there. Btw, I already wore 3 layers of clothing that time and what more on our way up to the summit? Ha-ha! It took us a few hours, I guess, to reached the Ranger station, Ambangeg, so we tried our best to get some sleep inside the monster jeep. What is sleep?  ヽ(´ー`)┌

We camped at Baban Homestay around noon time. Our wake up call was around 11pm so we all took the time to do our own thing—take pictures, sleep, roam around, eat, social. The ground inside the tent was damp.. how I wish I brought a sleeping mat with me. Oh well, now I know what to bring on my next camping trip. (ーー゛) Anyway, I wore 5 layers of clothing, gloves, 2 pair of socks and a beanie, plus the hood of my triclimate jacket and I was still freezing. The temperature was bone-chilling!!

We were all set and ready to ascend at 12am. We started our trek at 12:30am. I brought all my 3 cameras (dslr, go pro, instax & the powerbank) with me.. Imagine how heavy my bag was? Plus the freaking monopad and my 1 litre of gatorade. *sigh* Thank God for the porter and for my brother who were there to carry my bag for me halfway through the summit. So yea, we reached peak 2 around 5am and waited for the sunrise. There were lots of people up there waiting and it was just sad that we didn’t get to see the sea of clouds. There were no freaking clouds in sight, just a sea of crowds. But that didn’t stop us from enjoying the majestic view. Took all my time to take photos of the scenery and of course lots of selfies. Ha-ha! (●^o^●)

My family and I decided not to go to the summit. I know, definitely a wasted opportunity since we were already there, why not continue, right? But we were so dead-beat and I’ve reached Peak 2 & that was already fine with me. I just couldn’t wait to get back and take a bath, ya’ know. It was really a long walk back there, it was like an endless walk! Srsly. But man, you’ll definitely enjoy the view when the sun’s up. Really beautiful! So yea, even rode the habal-habal back to our campsite because I just can’t even. Can’t walk for another 3-4km. All in all, it was a great experience! Not bad for a first time hiker like me. Thank God I made it, we all made it back safe and sound! キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s